Great East Japan Earthquake
Japan has been struck by massive earthquakes reaching the magnitude of 9.0 on March 11, 2011.
We are receiving warm words of support and valuable contributions from the Government and the people of Georgia. On behalf of the Government of Japan, the Embassy of Japan in Georgia would like to express its profound gratitude to all of you for your heartfelt support.
1. Message by the Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihiko NODA (March 3, 2012)
2. Messages by the Prime Minister of Japan Naoto KAN (2011)
3. Press Release by the Presidential Administration of Georgia (2011)
4. Relief measures taken by the Government of Japan
5. Donation to the people who suffered from the Earthquake
Your donations to the people who suffered from this Earthquake can be sent to the Japanese Red Cross Society as follows. (Until March 31,2013)
Name of Bank: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Name of Branch: Ginza
Account No.: 8047670 (Ordinary Account)
SWIFT Code: SMBC JP JT
Payee Name: The Japanese Red Cross Society
Payee Address: 1-1-3 Shiba-Daimon Minato-ku, Tokyo JAPAN
6. Travel to Japan
There are no specific restrictions on a travel to Japan issued by WHO (World Health Organization), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), IMO (International Maritime Organization). Please pay due attention to the recommendations by the Government of Georgia.
7. Events supporting Japan in Georgia
Many events were organized in Georgia to show support to the people who suffered from the earthquake along with the solidarity with the Japanese nation. ⇒
8. Japan toward recovery
(1) Situation in the affected areas
(2) Interview to international student studying in Japan after earthquake
(3) Message from the Japan women's national football team 'Nadeshiko Japan' conveying thanks and recovery of Japan to the world ⇒