Logo Contest for the 20th Anniversary of the Diplomatic Relations between Japan and Georgia
Central Asia and Caucasus region, including Georgia, is located at the crossroads of the North-South and East-West of the Eurasia Continent. The region has great geographical importance and its people are traditionally very friendly toward Japan.
In the next year 2012 we are going to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Georgia. Taking this opportunity, the Governments of Japan and Georgia would like to develop a Logo mark to commemorate this event, and therefore we announce this contest. All those interested from both Japan and Georgia are kindly invited to enter this contest.
The Logo mark will be used during a whole range of cultural events to be organized by Japan and Georgia to celebrate the 20th Anniversary aiming to facilitate various exchanges between our two nations and promote mutual understanding.
* * * How to apply for the Logo development contest * * *
Wednesday, November 23, 2011.
2. How to apply
Please send an e-mail titled: `Application for Logo mark (Georgia)` to the Embassy of Japan in Georgia at (email@example.com) with the following enclosed:
(1) Proposed Logo mark design in a graphic file format (e.g. JPEG, GIF, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), in both colour and black-and-white;
(2) Name, age, affiliation, tel. number, address, and e-mail of the applicant;
(3) Written explanation (description) of the design (in 60 words).
3. General requirements for the Logo design
(1) It should be some friendly image depicting traditional strong friendship relations between Japan and Georgia;
(2) It should also be easy to use for publishing in the PR brochures/posters, posting on Web-pages, etc.
4. Special requirements
(1) The Logo mark design should be the original work of the applicant himself/herself which has not yet been published nor used in or outside of the country;
(2) The works which may violate public order and/or third parties` copyrights or contain slander to other people will not be accepted;
(3) In case the above-mentioned conditions are not met by the work already selected and approved, such selection will be declared null and void;
(4) All the works forwarded to the Embassy will not be returned to the applicants. The copyrights for the selected and approved Logo will belong to the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Georgia. As for the processing of the Logo design, the Ministries, at their own will, may change its size and convert the color to black-and-white format.
5. Selection process
One work considered the best will be selected by the consultation process held between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Japan and Georgia.
6. Declaring the winner
(1) The winner of this contest will be duly informed approximately in the middle of December 2011. The selected work will be published on the Web-site of the Embassy indicating the winner`s name, affiliation along with his/her explanation (description) of the design.
(2) The winner will be awarded with a recognition Certificate. No prize or remuneration is planned.
* * * * * * * *